iPage: Quick Overview
iPage is a full-service domain and web hosting provider targeting smaller businesses that want to jump into the e-commerce arena. It is owned by Endurance International Group, a conglomerate that owns top internet firms like Bluehost, HostGator, and Constant Contact.
In addition to offering users unlimited disk space, a free domain name, and an unlimited number of email addresses, iPage has numerous features that help you quickly and easily develop your site. You can choose from hundreds of pre-built website templates and themes. You can opt to use their mobile-optimized website builder.
Another feature appealing to small business owners is the ability to quickly implement e-commerce add-ons, such as shopping carts and PayPal integration. iPage integrates well with any of the commonly used Content Management Systems (CMS), such as WordPress, Drupal, and Magento.
Contacting iPage’s customer service team is easy using their online ticketing system or 24/7 chat and phone availability. If you’re not satisfied with the services you receive, iPage offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
This plan is designed to do everything that most individuals and small businesses need and that includes:
- Free domain name
- Free site builder and templates to help with a fast set up of your site
- Personalized email addresses
- Plenty of marketing credits to get you going
- 1-click installation of apps, blog software, photo galleries and much more
- 24/7 support via phone, live chat, email tickets, a knowledgebase, and tutorials
- Online store facilities including shopping carts, PayPal integration, coupons and more
- 1 GB of Cloud storage so you can access material from anywhere.
There are three plans to choose from.
You get all the goodies from the Essential plan and a lot more.
It’s the dedicated server you want, without having to pay the higher rates.
If you expect a high level of traffic, you might want to go straight to purchasing a VPS hosting plan. Though iPage brands its shared plans as offering unlimited bandwidth, there have been instances where they “strongly encouraged” their users to get off a shared plan and on to a VPS plan.
There are three plans.
You get your own server and can choose to manage it yourself or have an iPage expert manage it for you.
These plans come with all the benefits of the Essential plan and VPS plans and loads more.
- vDeck control panel is included
- Nearly 100% control over all aspects of your hosting plan
- Optional root access
- Maximum site performance that’s unhindered by other users.